Murcia, España: 30-8

9-30-06
We finished our last module with Ana, which is a shame, because she is a fun professor. Now the real work begins. Laure, Iva, Galo, and I explored a bit and went out for drinks near the cathedral in a small café called Café di Roma. I had a drink called horchata which was great, and apparently is a sort of regional drink. Anyone ever hear of it outside of Spain? There were three musicians playing tangos in the plaza which really added to the atmosphere. I felt like I was in some movie. I returned home and ate tiramisu ice cream and watched some Spanish TV. What a life, eh? We had a dinner that we all sort of cooked together. I made apple pie and the other girls made a delicious seafood salad. It was nice to eat all together like a big family.
10-08-06
I have officially been in Spain for a month and a week! Crazy! When did that happen, seriously? The 2nd of October, we began classes for real. We had geography in the morning for 2 hours, 4 hours of language (2 hours on a Spanish computer program and 2 in a diff class with other foreign students), and then I had chorus. It was a long day. The following day, we had geography, literature, art history for 3 hours. So our hours are more like highschool or something. Every day, we have about 6-8 hours of class. Ugh!
Laure´s boyfriend, Matthieu came for a few days to visit. We had a rousing discussion of Bush, politics, and 9/11. Very interesting topic. Saturday night, we got all dressed up and went out to a bday party of one of the Erasmus students. There were WAY too many people there! It was crazy. The music was ridiculously loud, the heat made me want to fall asleep right then and there, and it was hard to move around. However, after a while, several people left and it was slightly better. Erin and I met two Spanish guys who sort of bugged us the whole evening. Erin has a boyfriend and is therefore unavailable, but it didn´t seem to bother this guy...oh, let´s call him Victor...he and Javi were hovering around us the whole party. We tried to escape by going to Badulake, but, even though we left the party first, didn´t tell them were we were going, and lost no time in getting there, they somehow got there first. Galo is convinced that they teleported, and I´m inclined to agree. We danced until 4:15AM, at which point I had had enough of the partying and the smoke, so I started to try to leave. The bar was also trying to close. As I made my way toward the exit, however, this clearly very drunk guy caught me and asked me why I wanted to leave. Knowing that leaving to go home is clearly no excuse for the Spaniards, I said I needed some fresh air. This didn´t work either. Oi. He went on and on about how I couldn´t leave, or his heart would break, yada yada yada. This guy had absolutely NO respect for personal boundaries...(to be said in the accent of Jane from Disney´s Tarzan)...and I kept trying to escape, but to no avail. I was blocked on one side by a giant black guy, the other by a group of dancers, and he pretty much blocked the entire front route. Much to my relief, everyone sang happy bday to the girl, which confused the poor chap quite a bit, and I made my escape.
I slept in late the next day and we had another dinner party with Laura and David included in the group this time. It was so fun that we decided to make it a weekly thing. Yay for large quantities of delicious food!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kristella, you're going to get yourself in trouble (not to mention form bad habits!). Luv ya, almostish sis. Come home safely (well, technically I would call my house your second home but either way stay safe).
Alma de Color said…
JAS...bad habits? Trouble? Nah. Except for becoming a serious chocolate croissant addict! :) Mmmm. Good stuff!

Popular posts from this blog

Intriguing Quotes From "The Shack"

Los años del hambre (The Years of Hunger)

The Art of Ant Torture

Starting Over

Transformation- Transformación

Candid Cadets and Glamorous Gowns

El fin del año en Honduras

Who We Become

Motherhood

Murcia, España: 31-5