Murcia, España: 25-29

Following class on Monday, a few of us went out for tapas at the same tapas bar, (Las Tablas), that we visited with Ana. I took a two hour nap after that, and then Laure, Iva, and I took a taxi to Media Markt to buy a router. However, upon bringing it back to the flat, we were unable to get it working. It needed an IP address, and ONO, our internet provider, wouldn´t give us one. I went to chorus for the first time with the chorale from the university. But it isn´t simply composed of university students. There are several individuals who are done with school and are set in their careers. I really enjoyed it. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.
We visited three more museums on Tuesday. The first was Santa Clara. It began as an Arab palace back in the day, and was later converted into a nunnery-type place. So the lower part is a museum of the Arab palace and what it looked like before, etc, and the upper floor had religious art left over from the nunnery. It was a beautiful palace. Yep, I probably wouldn´t have minded living there! :) We visited the museum of Salzillo, a very famous murciano sculptor. Unfortunately, we weren´t allowed to take pics in this museum, but there were many very beautiful sculptures. All of his art is very religious, and the museum seemed more like a cathedral than a museum. The final museum of the day was my fav. It was Museo Taurino, and was actually a bar/museum combined. It was of bullfighting. It was sort of like going into a rustic restaurant in MT, except that instead of finding mounted elk, moose, and deer, there were bulls without ears. If the matador does his art well enough, the crowd can ask that he be given the bull´s ears as a reward. I know, it´s just what we all want, bloody black stumps off some smelly animal, but whatever floats their boat, ya know? ;) I went to my friend Kari´s (car-ee, not kay-ree) for a bit. She has a most amazing view of her park. It´s crazy to see all the different fauna and flora in a strange land. Later in the evening, Iva, Laura, Cris, and I had a smally terrace fiesta, during which we chatted, drank sangría and ate potato chips. I didn´t quite finish the sangría. I liked all the fruit they put in it, but it would be even better without the sangría. Alcohol here is ridiculously cheap. A whole bottle of wine only costs about 65 cent or so. Go figure.
On Wednesday, we went to 3 more museums. I´m a bit burnt out on museums. I would be happy if I didn´t see another museum for several more weeks, months, possibly even a year.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, I am completely enchanted by all of your stories! I want to go somewhere fun and exciting! A place where they take naps all the time and are slow paced would be nice, too. ;)
I miss having you here, but I'm glad to still hear from you this way. Keep having a wonderful time, and savor these moments cuz they'll end waaayyyy too soon. Adios, mi amiga!

Popular posts from this blog

Intriguing Quotes From "The Shack"

Los años del hambre (The Years of Hunger)

The Art of Ant Torture

Starting Over

Transformation- Transformación

Candid Cadets and Glamorous Gowns

El fin del año en Honduras

Who We Become

Motherhood

Murcia, España: 31-5