Transformation- Transformación

An echoing thunder torments the corridors of my mind
My senses awake, I feel the coming downpour
As a mouse feels the lurking talons of the 
Feathered shadow, hovering, thrumming.

Hovering, thrumming, strumming the poignant chords
Reverberating on the thin strings of the chest 
Cavity.  I sense a change, I feel the
Stirring of a new and unequaled challenge.

A new and unequaled sunrise marks the 
Arrival of a day fraught with 
Unexpected, the unfathomable possibilities
Discovered among the rich sands of adventure.

Sands of adventure obscure my eyes a
And I fight to clear them.  I want to 
See clearly now, and forever, avoiding
All traps that lie in wait for the unguarded.

My heart was supposedly impenetrable and guarded,
Believing the best and reckless in abandon,
But a thief tiptoed in with promises of strength,
Promises of beauty and a pact of forever.

The shattered shards of that pact of forever
Fell one by painful one into the weeping pool
Of abandonment and rejection and poisoned memories.
Why does the nightingale lose her song?  I'll tell you.

I'll tell you a tale of love's labour lost.
Lost in the rotting putrescence of selfishness.
Eyes blind to Truth and Love, and all good
And perfect gifts coming down from the Father of Lights.

The Father of Lights wrapped me in His arms,
Weeping the tears of my brokenness and
Feeling the weight of the vast ocean of woe
Upon His shoulders that were shredded for me.

His shoulders, His embrace, His compassion and
Abundant provision define my life with newness;
They are much more sufficient in the storm
I face than a thousand brittle seashores.

I have trudged those brittle seashores and weary
Of them.  The waves will not cease to batter 
Me, and so I must cling to the Rock
That will not shudder or shake or fail.

My faith will not be shaken and it will not fail.
I writhe in the struggle of my destiny, but
One day, soon, I will break through.  New 
Energy coursing, pulsing through my being.

And I will stretch, press into the pulsing energy
And breathe again the vibrancy of life and soar.

















Un trueno resonante tormenta las corredores de mi mente

Mis sentimientos se despiertan, siento el diluvio que viene
Como un ratón siente las garras acechantes de la
Sombra emplumada, sobrevolando, rasgando.

Sobrevolando, rasgando, rasgueando los acordes emotivos

Reverberando en las cuerdas finas del baúl del
Pecho.  Siento un cambio, siento inquieta
Por un desafío nuevo y inigualado.

Un amanecer nuevo y inigualado destaca la

Llegada de un día nuevo cargado con lo 
Menos esperado, las posibilidades incomprensibles
Descubiertas entre las ricas arenas de la aventura.

Las arenas de aventura nublan mis ojos

Y lucho a despejarlos.  Quiero
Ver claramente ahora, y para siempre, evitando
Todas trampas que les esperan a los expuestos.

Mi corazón era supuestamente impenetrable y bien guardado,

Creyendo lo mejor e imprudente en el abandono,
Pero un ladrón en puntas de pie vino con promesas de la fuerza,
Con promesas de la hermosura y un pacto de la eternidad.

Y las esquirlas desmenuzadas de tal pacto de la eternidad

Se cayeron una por una en el charco lloroso
Del abandono y el rechazo y las memorias envenenadas.
¿Por qué se la pierda su canto?  Le diré.

Le diré un cuento de un trabajo de amor perdido.

Perdido en la podredumbre del egoísmo.
Los ojos ciegos a la Verdad y al Amor, y a toda buena
Dádiva y perfecto don viniendo de lo alto del Padre de las luces.

El Padre de las luces me abrazó en sus brazos,

Llorando las lágrimas de mi quebrantamiento y
Sintiendo el peso del vasto océano de aflicción
Sobre sus hombros los cuales azotados por mí.

Sus hombros, su abrazo, su compasión y

Abundante provisión definen mi vida con frescura;
Son mucho más adecuados en la tormenta
Que me enfrento que un mil playas quebradizas.

He caminado arduamente aquellas playas quebradizas y me canso

De ellas.  Las olas no cesan de abatirme,
Y por eso debo aferrarme a la Roca 
Que no temblará, ni sacudirá, ni fallará.

Mi fe no será sacudida ni fallará.

Me retuerzo en la prueba de mi destino, pero
Un día, pronto, brotaré.  Nueva 
Energía fluyendo, pulsando por mi entero ser.

Y me estiraré, tomaré el néctar de la energía

Y respiraré de nuevo la vitalidad de la vida y me levantaré como una águila.

Comments

Breann said…
Thanks for sharing your heart, friend. Sending love and prayers your way so you may walk with joy and healing soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Intriguing Quotes From "The Shack"

Los años del hambre (The Years of Hunger)

The Art of Ant Torture

Starting Over

Candid Cadets and Glamorous Gowns

El fin del año en Honduras

Who We Become

Murcia, España: 31-5

Motherhood