Murcia, España: 15-20

I didn't make it to chorus on Monday on account of the huge homework load I had. We had a ton of literature work to finish, as well as a big article to read for art history. Actually, I ended up skipping art history and sleeping for 4 hours. It was a GREAT sleep. I needed it. Erin and I went running for a record 17 minutes. Normally we run for 15. We ran for 17, and then we walked around for about 2-3 more hours, chatting. We had fabulous conversations.
Tuesday, Erin and I went to check out a dance class near our flat. We danced salsa for an hour, with a bit of cha-cha-cha at the end. There were 3 guys, the instructor, and about 2-3 girls for every guy! Typical. :) One of the guys looks exactly like Russell Crowe. It's crazy.
We went again to class on Thursday, and Laure came with. We had a female instructor this time, and we started with the cha-cha-cha. When we did some Cuban salsa, we were short on guys, so I got to take the guy part. The downside is that I still don't know the girl part, but it was terribly fun to dance regardless. I went to Erin's after dance class, and we read magazines that her friend sent her. I read an article in one about the death of the Australian Crococdile Hunter Steve Irwin was killed by a stingray barb in his heart. It's odd, you know, to have someone as famous and well-liked as he was die, and find out about it by a random magazine in a different country sent in a cardboard box. I feel as though I'm in a different world, and when news that would normally not phase me hits me here, it makes much more of an impact. Like the death of the baseball pitcher guy. I have no clue who he was, but I learned about it here via the TV, and I've thought a bit about it since. If I had heard about it in the states, I don't think I would have even noticed. I wonder why the change?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Kristel,

This is Veva, and your mom told me to check out your site. It sounds like you are having fun. Spain must be really nice. I bet it is a little confusing though. Good thing you speak spanish well. If by chance you remember, would it be possible to bring home a couple of postage stamps from spain?? Zach is collecting stamps for his 4-H project, and I would love to give him some from Spain. If you can not, no big deal.
How much longer do you have in Spain? 4 or 5 months??? How is the weather and things down there? It must be great to get to travel. Do you drive there?? How is school going?? My email is 2percent@smtel.com if you want to write sometime. HOWEVER, I do realize you are in school and are very busy with the homework, so do not worry if you do not have time. Sometimes school can be very overwhelming. Bobby in his first year of high school is figuring that out. Well I should get back to work. I am at the post office today, and still have some things to get done. Have a great day. Know that you are in our prayers!
God Bless,
Veva

Popular posts from this blog

Intriguing Quotes From "The Shack"

Los años del hambre (The Years of Hunger)

The Art of Ant Torture

Starting Over

Transformation- Transformación

Candid Cadets and Glamorous Gowns

El fin del año en Honduras

Who We Become

Motherhood

Murcia, España: 31-5