Skiing...the good kind!

We drove to Chief Joseph ski area down by Lost Trail yesterday. The weather was gorgeous! Mom's bday was on the 9th, and she wanted to go skiing, so we did...on the 10th. Jason and Laura met us there a little after noon, and we headed out on a snow-day adventure. We picked random trails to explore and I tried to practice technique...since I seriously lack all ability in this area. :) Dad and Mom gave me pointers on skating and gliding right, although the gliding thing I have a hard time with the timing. Oh well, it was awesome anyway. My skis are borrowed at the moment, although Laura found me some sweet skis for cheap, and some awesome poles on sale. Just waiting on the boots. Anyway, the skis I used were waxless, and had some serious kicker action...just not too much glide. We hadn't put any Alpina wax...(speeds things up a bit)...so I could go up hills with no effort...but had to practically push myself DOWN them! After a few hours of exploring, we wrapped it up, ate cheesecake with raspberries...(kudos to Laura)...and then parted ways to head to our respective homes. We ate a crockpot stew and watched Flicka afterward. What a day! I leave for Bozeman shortly and back to the grandparents'. So much for spring break!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like a blast.

Cross-country, it's the only way to ski [as far as my knees are concerned].

Popular posts from this blog

Intriguing Quotes From "The Shack"

Los años del hambre (The Years of Hunger)

The Art of Ant Torture

Starting Over

Transformation- Transformación

Candid Cadets and Glamorous Gowns

El fin del año en Honduras

Who We Become

Motherhood

Murcia, España: 31-5