Bobcat Survivor!

A couple Chi Alpha (XA) meetings ago, Rod called me over to the sign up table, and I signed up for an event that I wasn't too sure about. In fact, I sort of forgot about it briefly. I had no clue what I was getting myself into, but I'm glad I did. :) I met up with my team of four other members last night at 7ish and we ambled on over to Shroyer Gym to see what was up. We all got t-shirts and a team bandanna. There were 16 total teams. We began with the egg toss, filled a cup with water using a bucket of "moose blood" (aka water with red food coloring...sick moose, I can tell 'ya!), sudoku, an obstacle course over/under flags and through cones on a tricycle...wearing beer goggles, the equivalent of DDR with a guitar, dodgeball...(no wrenches)...sucking jello through a forked tube, eating baked beans with a toothpick, wheelbarrow races with 5 crackers and whistling at the end, Scattergories (my fav), shooting hoops, and the final test between the top 6 teams at the end of the night, just before midnight. Oof! We couldn't believe it, we went into the tug-o-war final test 4th! And we came out of that 2nd! We won some ski tickets, restaurant coupons, a day at the hotsprings, etc....but most importantly, we got away with all the leftover beans! The guys had us take all the leftovers, and kept telling everyone we won a lifetime supply of beans. Oi vey! We got back just after midnight, and then we hung out talking until 4:30 this morning. I slept out in my car for 5 hours, and now I'm up again with no plan of action for my day of freedom. Exciting!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! Sounds like quite the event! It would have been fun to do/watch. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

Intriguing Quotes From "The Shack"

Los años del hambre (The Years of Hunger)

The Art of Ant Torture

Starting Over

Transformation- Transformación

Candid Cadets and Glamorous Gowns

El fin del año en Honduras

Who We Become

Motherhood

Murcia, España: 31-5