Update '07

Hmmm, well, warp to a new time in my life. I am no longer in Murcia...*shedding silent tear*...but I am content here in Montana in the 2 degree (-16.7 degrees C) weather with snow storms almost every night and some days. The snow is breathtaking. After I got back to Montana in December, I had a whirlwind month of family and friends, you know Christmas time. When we all get together, laugh and tease, drink hot cocoa and eat sugary sweets and cherish the time we have together. Seth and a very pregnant Caia came back from his Air Force base in North Carolina, and Jason and Laura came home for a bit. We all went skiing/boarding as a family like last year. Great times.
I was job searching, (I was not returning to MSU-Bozeman this semester), when my grandma had a stroke. She had been the primary caregiver for my grandpa, and when she went down, a big caregiver-gap was created. So that's what I'm doing now. I am living up Bridger Canyon about 11 miles, living like a 24/7 nurse. And the nurse part is ironic, because Laura and I had considered CPN training back in January, but didn't do it due to missed deadlines and her not getting into nursing school anyway. And here I am doing a version of just that.
I don't know how long this will last. I enjoy it for the most part, but there are days when I want to get out and just run somewhere, or play in the snow, or ride my horse...(many days)...hang out at a coffee shop and drink chai, have contact with people my own age...and I am limited to Tuesday nights and one other day a week. It's a good way to serve. I have to learn to be more selfless, and this is great training. It gives me time to reflect, write, draw, read, etc. What a strange bridge to be standing on! Enjoying the rest, and yet straining to be not just on the edge of action. Tuesday nights have been the highlight of my week. I go to Chi Alpha, (formerly UCF), at the new Chi Alpha house, (formerly Lamba Chi Alpha Fraternity) for the evening on Tuesday nights. So much is happening there, I get a taste of the God adventures I crave.
Oh yes, in other news, the very pregnant Caia is no longer that way. I'm an aunt for the first time! My bro Seth and sister-in-law Caia gave birth to Titus Stephen Salusso on January 29th. He was two weeks early, but weighed 9 lbs 1 oz, and measured 22 in. He was a big'un! Seems to be doing well--Mom and Sara visited them last week in NC. Seth just got orders to England for 3 years, though, so that's cool and horrible all at once. I mean, I guess I probably won't see him any more than I see him now, and it would be sweet for them to live in a foreign country for a bit...(neither has been outside the U.S. or Mexico)...but I know how big the ocean is now, and I won't be able to call them Verizon anymore. *sigh*
Aight, that's all for now. Chat lata.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intriguing Quotes From "The Shack"

Los años del hambre (The Years of Hunger)

The Art of Ant Torture

Starting Over

Transformation- Transformación

Candid Cadets and Glamorous Gowns

El fin del año en Honduras

Who We Become

Motherhood

Murcia, España: 31-5