Pizza Crust in the Jungle

I have been experimenting with pizza crust. For Fellowship the other night, I used a basic recipe from someone else down here...and I decided to keep looking. I've found one right now that I'm needed to experiment with a bit more...but I'm liking it at the moment! I've also decided I enjoy trying out nontraditional toppings. Like I made this white sauce from ranch, onions, jalapeños, Pace Picante tomato salsa, garlic, spices, and milk. And then I covered it with Colby Jack and Parmesan. It was very different, and it all disappeared.
Tonight, I made cheese pizza on a crust that I made several days ago and stored in the freezer. I am contemplating the crust. I think I like this one, but I will first have to take another bite...

For my update on April, I will just copy my newsletter here. I know. I'm being lazy. But I want to catch up enough to be able to blog more frequently about not just newsletter stuff. So here's an attempt to catch up:

I think I will call April my “test month”. After such a full visa trip home, life reengaging here was not as easy as I had surmised. My plans to take a relaxing trip to Antigua for Semana Santa, (“Holy Week”), fell through, so I stayed home instead. I don’t regret my decision. I got to set up and run sound for a fantastic Easter program after staying up all night baking and dancing in the rain. And there was the 5:30 AM sunrise gathering on the beach, (directly following my 1.5 hours of sleep and before the program).
So Easter was a lovely time for me to remember it’s not about me anyway. I make plans, but God directs my steps to accomplish His purpose for me. I was able to achieve much more in Balfate than I would have sightseeing in Antigua.
I moved out to Balfate-(the area surrounding the hospital compound is actually called la Quinta; Balfate is 4.1 miles away and actually has a small village here)-to housesit for Lisa Bradley at the beginning of the month. She is in the States getting cancer treatment, and the Browning family left to return back to the States for six months, so she needed someone else to look after her two chocolate labs and lovely house. It's a charming house, but I've had some trials being out here: first the power kept going out and the generator hasn't been working, the radio is not working, the truck had a flat tire and the emergency brake doesn't function, the interent was down as well, so I had no contact with anyone down here or otherwise, the washing machine leaked water all over the place, a ligth cover fell and shattered on my hand, and then I caught scabies that's being passed around, which of course infected the cut on my finger. I got treatment for scabies, antibiotics for my cut, and have been blessed by Mike Yost and Dave Fields working on my truck, internet, and radio problems.
The “honeymoon” period of my trip clearly ended. I remain unshaken because I did not come here for a joyride. I am here to live out my destiny and bring glory to the only One who has control over everything in the first place. I’m only human, but what incredible purpose we have as humans! Know that your part in my journey is bearing fruit and driving forward with vigor and passion. Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intriguing Quotes From "The Shack"

Los años del hambre (The Years of Hunger)

The Art of Ant Torture

Starting Over

Transformation- Transformación

Candid Cadets and Glamorous Gowns

El fin del año en Honduras

Who We Become

Motherhood

Murcia, España: 31-5