Murcia, España: 6-9

9-6-06
Laura, the girl from Tennessee, was sick today, so Erin and I went to visit her, but she was sleeping, so we went grocery shopping with her roommate, David, instead. I didn´t do much more on this day, although a large group went out for the night and partied.
9-7-06
Not too many adventures today, although Erin and I went running at night, and explored a bit more of our "barrio". There are some very lovely residences in our neighborhood, and a few nice parks.
9-8-06
We talked about tapas today in class. These are little appetizers that one orders to eat while drinking beer or wine. Evidentally, some king made a law requiring them back in the day to minimize the effects of alcohol. I never knew this before, so it really interested me. We made a huge list of tapas in Murcia, and we defined each one. So now I actually know what I´m eating when I order "one of those..." :) Erin, Laura, and I suntanned a bit on my terrace after class, and chatted a little. Later in the afternoon, we went to a BBQ at Justin´s place...right across Avenida Juán de Borbón. There were many students from my program, ISEP, and several from the Erasmus program, which is pretty much the same thing, but within countries in Europe. Roberto and Borja, two guys in charge of these programs, came as well, and we chatted with them quite a bit. Borja evidentally is a comics guy. He knows probably about as much about them as Markie and Guy.
9-9-06
I tried to sleep in, but to no avail. I woke up at 8 in the morning and cleaned the flat a bit. My French roomies left on Friday, so now the two Cristinas and I are left...for now. Laura came over and we made spaghetti. I thought it was not so bad, but it didn´t taste like normal spaghetti, because we used a weird tomato sauce that tasted more like chili sauce or something. I guess it was a sort of Mexican spaghetti.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intriguing Quotes From "The Shack"

Los años del hambre (The Years of Hunger)

The Art of Ant Torture

Starting Over

Transformation- Transformación

Candid Cadets and Glamorous Gowns

El fin del año en Honduras

Who We Become

Motherhood

Murcia, España: 31-5