Murcia, España: 19-24

A whole week has passed, and I am just now updating my journal. It was a busy, fun week. Cristina sqared, (both of my Spanish roomies are Cristinas, remember), took me to a new, gigantic shopping center...but it hadn´t opened yet, so we went instead to Carrefour. I didn´t plan on buying anything, really, but I found a green skirt made in Italy that was the last of its kind on the sale rack, and I tried it on and decided to get it. So now I have something rather comfortable and cool to wear during the day or when we go dancing. Iva, Anton, and I hung out most of the evening, and Anton and I sat out on the terrace chatting until 2:30 AM. It was his last night here. The following evening, Iva, Justin, Erin, and I went to watch Alatriste in the theater, as Wednesday nights are the cheap nights. It only cost 3.75 for ticket. It was a very violent movie indeed, and covered many years, and was at times hard to follow, but I enjoyed it. Erin and I went running after the movie and Iva and Justin went to Badulake, a bar mostly frequented by students.
I opened a bank account at la Caixa, (pronounced ky-sah), and then we had our oral exams later in the morning. We went to visit a museum in the nearby town of Alcantarilla. It was an etnological museum of agricultural type things native to Murcia. It was a sweet museum. I saw my first pomegranite tree ever, several other cool plants and trees, and beautiful traditional clothing and cookware.
We watched a movie in class on Friday morning and then went out to eat tapas at a nearby bar. They had some great ones for cheap. If you ordered a drink and one tapa, it only cost 1.80. It was sweet. That evening, Cris´s boyfriend and another friend ate dinner at our place, and Erin and her roommate, Galo, came over for a drink before we headed to Badulake for some dancing. We didn´t even head out of my flat until after midnight, and then I danced until 2:30. I returned home and sat out on the terrace with Cris, José, and Miguel. We chatted until 4:30 AM. I definitely slept well after that.
I woke up at ten the following morning because a guy came to install internet for Laure, my new roomie from Belgium. She and Iva both have laptops, and they are lovely enough to let me use them. So that means fewer trips to the locutorio. I fell asleep again for two hours about noonish, and then I got up again to go shopping for groceries, since nothing is open on Sundays. I made my first cookies in Spain. The flour here is a bit different, so I had to really play with the recipe, but in the end, I did manage some version of chocolate chip cookies. I brought them with me to the bbq at Justin´s place. Again, it was a good time, and I was up until 4.30 AM. However, this morning, I slept until noon solidly, and then got up and cleaned/reorganized the kitchen. So I had a very productive start to my day, even though it was not the beginning of the day but the middle. I am now working on uploading my pics. Of course, Facebook is the easiest place to find them, for those of my readers who are Facebook addicts. I will also be uploading them to my Snapfish account. I can only post a few here, as they take so long to load and such. We´ll see.

Comments

sam said…
hi, it's great to know you're studyin n have an apartment to yourself @ the same time! you haveno idea about de great life you're havin;) here in delhi, india, i'm studyin in this university miles away from home n i haven't got a room 2 myself yet!:'( but may i ask, r u a believer by any chance? i saw apologetix as one of ur fave bands) have fun!!

Popular posts from this blog

Intriguing Quotes From "The Shack"

Los años del hambre (The Years of Hunger)

The Art of Ant Torture

Starting Over

Transformation- Transformación

Candid Cadets and Glamorous Gowns

El fin del año en Honduras

Who We Become

Motherhood

Murcia, España: 31-5