The Face of Death

I saw the face of death last night. And you know what? He didn't scare me a bit. Looking at his gaping visage made me realize that my eternal destination is not something to fear or to doubt. After all...I would just be going home. But it did make me think of things that I would be loathe to leave behind. I know my family and most of my really deep friends I would see later, but there are those in my extended family and circle of friends who do not understand the importance of having a relationship with God over religiosity. I would miss being refined, day by day. I enjoy the process, and learning new things...experiencing new relationships...seeing life as I have never before. And perhaps that's why God prompted me to slow down last night on my way to music practice. I was already driving very slow due to the black ice all over the streets, but as I approached one of the intersections near Hastings, I felt an urgency in my heart to slow down and perhaps even stop. So I did. And it saved my life. A large yellow truck came barreling up to the stop sign coming out of Hastings, and of course was unable to stop. It slid at full speed right out past both lanes...stopping about 6 feet the other side of where I would have been sitting in my car at that precise moment, had I been continuing at the normal pace. I would have been smunched...completely T-boned with the greatest point of impact at my head level. Not a great chance for survival on that one. I realized that I could have been, in one instance, swept away to my heavenly residence, but it did not give me fear, or a spirit of timidity. I simply thanked the Lord for allowing me some more time here to develop relationships, live a life worthy to be called Christian, and more time to spread the greatest news known to man...that there is a hope for life, and life abundantly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intriguing Quotes From "The Shack"

Los años del hambre (The Years of Hunger)

The Art of Ant Torture

Starting Over

Transformation- Transformación

Candid Cadets and Glamorous Gowns

El fin del año en Honduras

Who We Become

Motherhood

Murcia, España: 31-5