Munchkin Mobilization and Move

Well, the Wee One is doing fun things now...he hasn't so much discovered how to crawl as much as he knows how to go into "front leaning rest position" (aka plank position for those civilians out there)  ;-P  and then rock back and forth a bit like a chameleon, and launch himself forward into a nose-dive!  He also rolls, goes up into the same initial position, but then scoots backward.  In short, Wee One is MOBILE!  It's amazing how much that changes...well...everything.  All at once, those papers I left on the floor are now terribly tasty looking, the lamp cord hidden behind the deck chair that serves as our living room furniture seems to have an attracting beacon on it that penetrates the attempted barrier, and if I fall asleep with him next to me on the floor in the bedroom, oi vey!  He will most likely have done 4 circuits, strewn his diapers everywhere, chewed on at least one until it's soggy as if he had worn it overnight, have bits of soggy paper from a warning tag that fell off the blinds....(oops), and be back, staring at me very intently from 1/2" away from my face.  Not an altogether unpleasant way to wake up, but before, I could have left him on any flat surface for untold periods of time, and he would remain there.  On to the next season of having a personal fitness trainer that is approximately the "height" of my shin....knee-high to a grasshopper....if I were one myself.  :-P

Our time here in the East is coming to an end.  As usual, I have mixed feelings.  We knew it would be brief, but I prefer to make connections quickly and deeply, regardless of the brevity of my stay.  Therefore, it's always so difficult to move to the next phase, even though I am so excited to move on and be a family all together at long last!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intriguing Quotes From "The Shack"

Los años del hambre (The Years of Hunger)

The Art of Ant Torture

Starting Over

Transformation- Transformación

Candid Cadets and Glamorous Gowns

El fin del año en Honduras

Who We Become

Murcia, España: 31-5

Motherhood