So...don't put acid in your eye...

This summer heat is melting me. And as I was waiting for my eye appointment at 3:00 today, I decided to make a trip to one of my fav restaurants for breakfast/lunch. I arrived at La Tinga, ordered a burrito con pollo y salsa verde. I had forgotten how intense the burrito is. I have a very high spicy food tolerance. When we were down in Mexico, I ate some food that was making others cry, and it didn't bother me a wit. This burrito, however, was very, very spicy. I loved it as it burned every pore in my mouth, esophagus, and stomach. Anyway, I washed it all down with some lovely jamaíca tea and headed back to the XA house for a bit of work. I had spent the morning visiting my grandma and giving her a haircut.
Back at the house, I did some work around the house, played a few tunes, and was just about to leave for my eye appointment when I accidentally touched the corner of my eye. Instant fiery, torturous pain shot through my iris and cornea, and whatever else feels pain in the eye. So I ran to the kitchen, tried flushing the pain with water. Didn't work. I ran to the bathroom and unloaded about a pint of contact solution into my eye and removed the then offensive contact lense from my throbbing, burning eyeball. It was at this moment I realized why I was in pain. Stupid tasty burrito!
I made it safely to my appointment wearing my glasses, careful to avoid any further touching of the ocular region. All went well, and the lovely man gave me eyedrops to help lessen the inflammation. So yeah, don't rub acid in your eye...it STINKIN' HURTS!!!

Comments

Lisa said…
Thanks for the advice. You are so brave! and wise.

Love your colorful blog. :)
Anonymous said…
Ow. I mean, Ow! That sounds quite nasty (coming from someone else with a very high tolerance for the spicy foods), though I imagine that it is just a happy memory by now.
Anonymous said…
Here is my 'blog,' since you asked for the address a long time ago. http://professorgegen.livejournal.com

Popular posts from this blog

Intriguing Quotes From "The Shack"

Los años del hambre (The Years of Hunger)

The Art of Ant Torture

Starting Over

Transformation- Transformación

Candid Cadets and Glamorous Gowns

El fin del año en Honduras

Who We Become

Motherhood

Murcia, España: 31-5