Beneficial Bartending and Serendipidous Summers

Well, friends, you can add another thing to the list of things-Kristel-and-everyone-who-knows-her-never-thought-she'd-ever-do: I'm bartending this summer! Yep, I got a bartending/waitressing job at the good 'ole Blue Moon Saloon in Divide, so I am able to walk or bike to work if I leave on time. Other than arriving home smelling like cigarette butts on occasion, I really do enjoy the job. I like meeting the people, trying to figure out how to make all the drinks, waiting tables--almost everything is enjoyable to some degree. The best part is that my schedule is flexible enough to allow for all my other summer activities.
For one, I got the house director position at Chi Alpha House, (NOT a Greek organization, I would like to point out), for this year, so I come back to Bozeman every week for house dinner/maintenance/hanging out/whatever needs to be done. Chi Alpha is a Christian group I've been a part of for four years...sort of like youth group/church for college students. Last year, XA bought an old fraternity building right across from campus...the former Lamba Chi Alpha house. We've converted it into a community living/ministry center where girls live on one floor and guys on another, and we share the community areas, like the living room, kitchen, theater room, volleyball court, etc. It's a pretty sweet setup. I'm looking forward to this year, although I know it will bring a ton of challenges.
Another project for the summer...HORSES! I am now the proud, first time legal owner of an equine! I am stoked! Her name is Atti...(I did NOT choose the name)...and she's a gorgeous 3/4 Arab 1/4 American Saddlebred bay 5 year old mare. She's had some groundwork done, but has never been ridden. I'm am excited to have her as my first training project. Pixie was truly my first, but I didn't know much about training when I started her--she was sort of trained when she was born, it seems.
Yep, so this will be my tentative summer schedule. Hope ya'll have a splendid summer as well! Shoot me a line sometime!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Divide?! Why didn't I read this earlier? I was just in Divide earlier this week doing part of my geology field course in the Mountains near the Big Hole River Canyon. We were camped literally five minutes from that Bar.

Sounds like a good set up. Good luck on the training.

Popular posts from this blog

Intriguing Quotes From "The Shack"

Los años del hambre (The Years of Hunger)

The Art of Ant Torture

Starting Over

Transformation- Transformación

Candid Cadets and Glamorous Gowns

El fin del año en Honduras

Who We Become

Motherhood

Murcia, España: 31-5