Most Embarrassing Moment Ever

So...Erin and I went running Monday. Yep. That's great. We took a new route, too. This new route took us by the soccer field that we run by after dance class all the time. All the guys were out there, practicing as usual. It was a fine night for soccer. So when the guys "accidentally" kicked the ball out of bounds...over the 13-15 foot fence...I thought, "Ahh, yeah! Great time to show these Spanish guys what American girls can do". So ran over across the grass to retrieve the escapee. I ran back to the sidewalk, and that's when time slowed. It was cinematic, really it was. I poised myself for the best throw-in ever, moving toward the fence...arms behind the head...dragging the toe...dragging the toe.......SPLAT! I tripped. Flat on my face. In front of the entire football team. Yep. Smooth move, Exlax!
The ball didn't even go over the fence. Nope, it bounced back at me, lying there on the chortling ground, mocking me. And then I promptly stood up, chucked the ball unceremoniously over the fence and walked away without looking at the guys. I couldn't. Erin was very concerned...and then we both broke out into raucous laughter at the corner. We laughed the entire way back. But I couldn't run by the field again the following night. I just couldn't.
"Pride goes before destruction...a haughty spirit before the fall..." -the Bible

Comments

Anonymous said…
Goodness gal, I see what you mean. That would definitely be embarassing! I'm sure you'll recover and eventually be able to run by the field again.
Unknown said…
Stop showing off for the boys!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Intriguing Quotes From "The Shack"

Los años del hambre (The Years of Hunger)

The Art of Ant Torture

Starting Over

Transformation- Transformación

Candid Cadets and Glamorous Gowns

El fin del año en Honduras

Who We Become

Motherhood

Murcia, España: 31-5