Una tía también

Craziness...I'm an aunt. Ridiculous...my younger bro is a father. Yipes. It's not like it's a huge surprise, we've all been expecting the news pretty much ever since those two got married just over a year ago, but it's still crazy. My sis-in-law is now 8 weeks along. My niece/nephew...(shall I refer to the child as my nephiece until I'm sure?)...developed most of the major organs this week. The heartbeat has been there for several weeks already. What an amazing miracle new life is, eh?
So I asked my parents what they want to be called as grandparents. Mom said she didn't want to be called Nana, cuz that was the dog's name in Peter Pan. *sigh* Silly mother. :D She didn't mind just being plain 'ol "Grandma". Dad is not so ready to be a grandfather yet. He said, "I know I look old enough to be a grandpa, and I limp like one, but I just don't FEEL old enough yet. The kid can just call me Steve, until it's old enough to talk, and by then, maybe I will feel old enough to decide what I want to be called. Actually, it can call me anything, as long as it doesn't call me "Late For Dinner." Oi vey. Such are my beloved parents.
The baby is due February 13th. I will be back in the US for almost exactly 2 months then, probably back to school at MSU, trying to figure out why I can't understand what anybody is saying. :D
I haven't posted my trip to San Francisco to apply for visa, but I haven't found time between work, eating, sleeping, and a little horseback riding to sit down and finish my journal from the trip, type it up, and post it. I'll probably get around to it eventually. That, or maybe, if you actually read this, and want to know what happened, you can just email me and request that I personally email you and tell you the scoop. I like that idea. Requires less work, you know. :D
Aight...I'm tired, worked until 7 PM, and get to get up for my Wednesday and go for it all over again. Why can't I have normal hours? *whine, moan, complain....get over it....smile*
Night, all!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tell me about San Francisco! Oh wait... you did already. Pictures? Anyway, sounds like you're keeping tons busy. Things are about the same here. We still go hang out at the HD house and all work randomly. Your room has been well used even with Janet gone. Janet's friends, my mom, Kristi's mom, and now Aleisha's sister have stayed in that room. It's crazy...
Aleisha, Jessica (sister), Kristi, and Dustin are headed up to Glacier this weekend. I get to work. I'm gonna try to get out and do stuff when I quit JCPenney the middle of August. So maybe then I can come visit you!
Well, I need to hop in the shower. (Yes, I'll hop into it....) Anyway, don't forget you are missed! And YOU can come visit US anytime. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Intriguing Quotes From "The Shack"

Los años del hambre (The Years of Hunger)

The Art of Ant Torture

Starting Over

Transformation- Transformación

Candid Cadets and Glamorous Gowns

El fin del año en Honduras

Who We Become

Motherhood

Murcia, España: 31-5