Chaotic Crushes and Discombobulated Donkeys

No, I do not have a crush on someone. The 'crush' refers to school, work, life in general. You know, the feeling of a great weight upon your chest that slowly squeezes the air from your diaphragm and keeps on pushin'? The claustrophobic intensity of "stuff and things" that tends to send the once-rational mind spinning off into oblivion, seemingly with no compass to put it back on course? That's how this week has been for me. Especially today. Boy okey, especially today. So I woke up at my customary 6:45ish to work on homework. No, I do not normally wake up to work on homework, but today I did. And then I took a shower. You know it's gonna be a rough day when I shower in the morning. Night is so much better. I love going to bed squeaky clean and smelling oh-so..........um.....clean? :D Morning showers are depressing, because you just get dirty during the day anyway, and then you have nothing to look forward to. At least at night, I can enjoy my good hygiene for a few hours....(ok, so minutes, since I SLEEP when I sleep)...(roomies...don't say anything about my hygiene...you KNOW it's fabulous...right??). ;)
So, with my braid still dripping wet from my shower, I headed to campus to work, and dropped off my unit plan, (due the morning before)...*doh*...and went to the NAS office. But no one was in the office, so I had to go back to the dean's office for the keys, unlock the office, trek back to the dean's office to return the keys, walk back to the NAS office, and enter student info from Rock in the Rez. Oi vey. Normally, I don't mind this mind-numbing task, but with all the things on my mind, I didn't get as far as I had hoped. Anyway, my boss returned by midmorning, and she let me leave by 11.
I went back to my apartment and frantically typed away at my Spanish paper. I discovered late last night that today was the day for my Spanish midterm. Fabulous. I missed class on Tuesday due to a strange reaction that I had to Novocaine, so I was clearly behind in that class. But I figured the paper was more important than studying. So I ate pop tarts for lunch, grabbed my paper and the million forms I had laying on my desk and ran to see my Spanish advisor. I'm working at going to Spain for a semester exchange this fall, and the deadline is March 1st. Why didn't I start working on this months ago? Well, I sort of did. I did my research, checked out different institutions, went to an info session...I just thought I had more time to actually do the politics of the venture. Guess not. We took a fair chunk of time to get done what needed to get done, and then I hurried to the store to pick up some blue books for my Spanish test. I still had 10 minutes, so I zipped to Montana Hall to order a transcript to be sent to the International Programs Office. However, I zipped to the wrong window, had to pay upstairs, (after waiting in line), and then raced back downstairs to drop the request form off. I sprinted over to Roberts Hall, only to find a bunch of strange faces in the classroom. So there I was, thinking I was late for the test, not knowing where the test was being administered, and rather confused and stressed. So I called the lady who works in the foreign language department and asked where they were giving the test. And that's when I realized...(or was told)...that my class didn't start until 3:35 PM. Which made me remember that I had my World Lit. class at 2:10, not Spanish. So I arrived at that class 15-20 minutes after it began. I have a quiz on a book I haven't even started on Tuesday for that class. So then I took my Spanish test that I hadn't studied for an iota. At least I didn't flunk it entirely...but only by God's grace and extreme divine intervention. Two really great things about my flutterings about campus are that both profs I asked to fill out academic reference forms for my study abroad application agreed to do so. Yay for cool profs!
I made a list of things to do over the next few days, and I'm a bit daunted. At least I have most of them listed now, so I can check them off and feel a sense of de-stressing...(not to be confused with distressing)...and accomplishment. And now I should sign off, sleep so I can go to my paraprofessional tomorrow bright and early, make it through two more classes, and then bite an enormous chunk out of that list. Buenas noches.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Holy cow, I just got mentally exhausted from reading all of that!

Popular posts from this blog

Intriguing Quotes From "The Shack"

Los años del hambre (The Years of Hunger)

The Art of Ant Torture

Starting Over

Transformation- Transformación

Candid Cadets and Glamorous Gowns

El fin del año en Honduras

Who We Become

Motherhood

Murcia, España: 31-5